Edublog Assignment #3

evan-cowen-shadowbox

I live in oakland, and where I used to live is on high street. Where I used to live was in a dead end street and houses around the dead street. I’m a normal human just like everybody else, nothing special. I would describe myself as a son that I help around the house most of the time and helping my mother. My chosen identities are I love to play video games, I like anime, I like exploring, and etc.

For one thing, a dominant narrative is person with privilege and power to talk about another person’s race, or culture, or etc who has less privilege and less power. This dominant narrative people will using stereotypes and giving off the wrong information about person’s race, culture, or etc. There’s a black boy with the negative words affecting our race of african americans. This stereotype made me feel like I’m part of that category, but I’m not because it’s not the truth. Dominant narrative people are telling the others with lies.

A different perspective of my counter narratives means that someone with less power and less privilege are telling the truth instead of lies. One of my counter narratives is black lives matter because the caucasian people don’t care about killing african americans. The reason why because caucasian people thinks that all african americans are criminals and deserved to die. How this image affect me by feeling bad of my own race being killed because of caucasian people don’t accept them and don’t treat them like their own race.

Furthermore, identity is like the stuff that you like it represents as who you are and who you want to represent yourself as. Identity images are the pictures that shows of who you are and what you love. The picture is seen with man (with light color wings) and another being (with darkness around him) with a red apple in the middle is a artwork of a show called Death Note. Death Note is a pretty good anime, and you have to watch it for yourself (No spoilers if you’re interested). Another picture with a man with black and black around is Ichigo from Bleach. That’s Ichigo’s final form: Final Zangetsu. This anime is good right except for the final arc, it was terrible, but you will know what i’m talking about unless you watch Bleach for yourself. These images made me feel that people will get confused if they don’t watch Death Note and Bleach, so I had to bring that out there, just to clean up the confusion.   

In conclusion, people will see me as a person who loves anime or basketball, or videogames or etc. If people see me as a negative, but I’m not. I’m a positive human being doing my business and do what I gotta to. My point is that I’m a nice, kind, hard worker, and a human being and you should get to know that person before you label people as enemies. Telling the story of who I really am is important because I want people to know what I like so they can the positive in me, not negative. What I learned in this unit is that Identity is thing that represents as somebody who loves or their favorites. The dominant and counter narratives is a thing that everybody can know the truth instead of lies and negative things. Also, get to know their race, culture, the person before you start judging others that different than you.